Monday, November 1, 2010

Romp at CSU.... People's Art Show!


  Art ceiling to floor; wall to wall, a mysterious lady in red, yummy pizza, artists romping around with laughter, 3-D glasses , fun and fellowship.....The People's Art show at Cleveland State University's art gallery! I headed out to the gallery last Friday for the opening reception for artists and friends. I also participated in the show with two of my acrylic paintings! I walked into the gallery as artists marched here and fluttered there glancing at works that were covering every wall of the gallery and even behind nooks and crannies! My husband and I searched for my works among the beautiful rubble of creativity! There sat " Past, Present and Future at a Crossroads" high on the wall.... we spotted " Breakthrough", my most recent work, on the opposite wall a little while later.

My recent work titled " Breakthrough", in center

Me under " Past, Present and Future at a Crossroads" acrylic on canvas- far top left
As we circled the gallery a woman clad in a red dress with two red gift bags approached us, an without a word motioned for us to reach into her bag.  The bag contained questions about love on hearts. My question read " Is verbal abuse as bad as physical abuse?" I turned it over and marked Y for yes. placed my heart into her other bag as she pranced off to the next victim. All apart of the mystery of her performance piece I suppose. 





There was a Ready- Made art piece that featured a water bill from the city of Cleveland, a sink with money in the drain and sponges with hand drawn smiley faces The water running in the sink made me feel calm and at ease, probably unlike the woman when she received the 2,000 dollar bill by mistake!. Another piece was drawn in 3-D... I enjoyed putting on the 3-D glasses and taking a look... I found that I could make the robot move when I moved my head side to side ( I only moved my head side to side, because another artist insisted that I try ).


One piece contained a notepad with the word Sin written on every page... and the inscription that we could take only one! Ceramic pieces, sculptures and paintings galore; the "People" came out and left no means of expression unturned!

1 comment: